How to Beat Summer Heat with Beauty?


Summer is now here. We saw temperatures around the Bay Area in the 90s and 100s. Here in the Glow & Green community (G&G), we actively want to share eco-friendly products/solutions to everyone when it comes to beauty.

While our skin & hair are exposed to extreme heat, it is worthwhile to look into those natural ingredients and their calming benefits. It's cheaper and more effective.


It’s summer time and we all seek for cooling food. At Glow & Green (G&G), my goal is to tie together climate or sustainability issues with beauty, and win at both skin care with climate care.

So, let's find out about a few ingredients that we can use in our DIY natural skincare recipes to beat the summer heat.


Four excellent cooling ingredients!


Cucumber:

Cucumber is one of my favorite vegetables when it comes to hot temperatures. It contains 96% of water, but in the remaining 4%, it provides Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Iron, Zinc and Phosphorus.


This common vegetable turns out to be something unique and impressive! Cucumber contains hydrating, anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and anti-oxidant properties.

Just two simple slices of cucumber can make excellent eye masks and reduce puffiness of the eye. When I use cucumber, I like to use it with peels.

"According to the dermatologist and psychiatrist Amy Wechsler, cucumber has skincare benefits including vitamin C and caffeic acid, which both fight to reduce inflamed or irritated skin, and hydration thanks to its high water content. The peel itself contains silica, which firms up sagging skin."


Cucumber masks and eye packs, or just putting a cucumber slice into a glass of drinking water can help you hydrate during the hot months!!!


Aloe Vera:


If you have burned your skin due to too much sun exposure, then aloe vera is the best solution. When I visited a Caribbean island back in 2013, I purchased an aloe gel tube from GNC. Believe it or not, that thing came to the rescue.


Aloe Vera is a cactus-like plant with gel texture on the inside. It is a perfect humectant in any natural skincare product. It provides soothing, reduces skin irritation, and adds moisture. Sometimes, it is used as a light exfoliate or to slow the aging of the skin.


I have provided a simple

What exactly do you mean by this sentence? Indian Inspired Face Mask Recipe!Instead of bakuchiol, aloe gel can be an excellent addition to your summer face mask.


Greek Yogurt:

What else do you need when Greek yogurt dissolves dead skin cells and gently exfoliates your sun tanned skin. Greek yogurt contains lactic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid that dissolves dead skin cells.


This gentle exfoliation not only helps create a natural glow and prevent breakouts, but also works to diminish the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Greek yogurt can be used with pure salt or sugar as a simple DIY face scrub.

Rosewater:

Rosewater is created by distilling rose petals, which results in an aromatic liquid infused with the oils and essence of the leaves. This magic ingredient protects and calms the sunburn thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties.

Pure rosewater can be used as a toner, make-up remover, hair/face mist, or refresher. It reduces redness and wrinkles, and clears up dark circles.


There are many other ingredients to beat the summer heat, but these four are Glow & Green favorites. I would love to hear from you about your preferences!!!

© 2020 by Green-Beauty Co LLC